Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Other examples of how that mod treated me "fairly"

  • A chat comment after I posted a question raising my suspicion that someone was serially downvoting me:
    • "If he wasn't framing it as 'why am I being downvoted AT ALL?!?!', then it would look less paranoid. But it seems he only really cares about not losing any rep ever."
      • Note that this was in response to a meta post showing clear patterns of serial downvotes (several downvotes in the space of minutes on distinct questions of mine).

  • On that same Meta question, he first tried repeatedly to shout me down that I am wrong - and then when forced to admit that the data clearly shows that someone was downvoting me as a user (and not just my posts for poor quality) said this:
    •  @DVK Filtering out all the upvotes you get, and listing a bunch of downvotes is not a pattern. You're just asking "does anyone get downvotes?" The answer is of course, "yes." 
      • Can you get more condescending than that as a mod talking to a user worried about serial downvotes? 
    • Half of your update's questions aren't random. They're some of your lowest-voted questions. If a low-rep user were to sort your questions by votes and go to the last page, I would bet those 3 would be sitting right there. – [MOD] Sep 8 '12 at 15:51
      • Oh, so now we are admitting that someone downvoted posts because they are mine?
    • [My response, trying to show why his attitude is wrong] Listen to yourself. You just described someone deliberately seeking questions from a specific user to downvote. And you don't see ANY problem with that? Or with the fact that you treated me like a whiny person only caring about no downvotes. – DVK Sep 8 '12 at 17:21
    • @DVK All I did was point out an actual pattern. You haven't bothered to do that. You also said I don't have any particular desire to ask SE to investigate it. so no I don't see any problem with this.
      • Great. A mod sees no problem with either a particular user being serially downvoted, OR with rudely insinuating I was just caring about "not losing any rep" on chat when referring to my post.
  • When I had a disagreement with another user (who STARTED by being rude - including by posting a meta post calling a question of mine "useless"), took entirely his side, publically chastised me for "rudeness" (despite some other users agreeing that my wording wasn't rude in below comments, AND ignoring his rudeness 100%), and probably used that incident as an excuse to suspend me as well.

  • He closed at least 2 of my questions unilaterally (mod-binding vote before 4 other people VTCed) that were later, after Meta discussion, decided to be invalid closures.

No comments:

Post a Comment